The Baby In The Bean
A downloadable adventure
Explore a dystopian Millennium Park, solve surreal roleplaying puzzles, and survive a giant's tantrum in this surreal apocalyptic adventure.
THE BABY IN THE BEAN is a complete adventure designed to be compatible with your favorite TTRPG system - perfect for use as a one-shot, side-quest, or longterm campaign starter.
After a mysterious performance artist smears vantablack on Chicago's famous legume-shaped landmark, a 12ft long baby arm explodes from the vandalized surface and brings the rapture with it.
In THE BABY IN THE BEAN you will:
- create PEOPLE such as Teens, Vendors, or Office Workers on Lunch Breaks from PLACES such as Northside, Out of State, or the Greater Chicagoland Area.
- turn your mundane and powerless humans into fundane and powerful heroes!!
- pick a side in the artistic feud between artists Stuart Semple and Anish Kapoor as it leads to celestial ragnarok.
- find a way to contain, destroy, or release (??) the mystical baby beast trapped inside the 33’ x 66’ chrome bean.
Inside this 68 page behemoth of a zine is:
- illustrations by the talented Ash Barton
- an optional dedicated system
- grid maps
- BONUS - Alternative Plot "Cloud Castle"
PHYSICAL COPIES FOUND HERE
Made possible by the funding from Kickstarter's "ZineQuest 2".
- Ambient Soundscapes for Millennium Park Locations!
- Narrated Audiobook + 30mins of Designer Commentary!
Written by Niky Crawford
Art by Ash Barton
Layout by McKenzie Wilkes
In order to download this adventure you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.